Energy Company Obligation (ECO) has been designed to place legal obligations on larger energy suppliers to deliver energy efficient measures to domestic premises across the United Kingdom. The ECO scheme was initially introduced in January 2013 and has since provided funding for millions of homes across the U.K to sustain greener energy solutions and ways to improve energy ratings and efficiency across the board.
The current ECO3 scheme transitioned from ECO2 in October 2018 and will run for a term of four years until March 2022.
The scheme has been put in place to help those who are currently living in fuel poverty and for those who are on a low income or receive any qualifying benefits. Ultimately the focus of ECO3 is based on insulation and heating measures to provide households with much improved and energy efficient measures.
A list of all benefits that qualify are listed below –
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income Support
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Child/Working Tax Credits
- Universal Credit
- Child Benefit (depending if criteria has been met)
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independent Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carers Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefits
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement
- Armed Forces Independent Payment
For further information on the ECO3 scheme please visit www.ofgem.gov.uk
Customers Are Talking
Why choose us
for your home
We are a group of industry experts with over 10 years of experience assessing and surveying buildings for both residential and commercial premises. All of our surveyors & assessors are accredited and approved to carry out all types of assessments.
We also carry out assessments for conditioning reports, structural reports and damp surveys.