Who we are
Our website address is: https://insulatinghomes.co.uk.
At Insulating Homes Ltd we are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to enhance your experience online and improve our service to you and as required by the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 and all other data protection legislation currently in force. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us to prevent unauthorised access. The GDPR applies to anyone processing personal data and sets out principles which should be followed and gives rights to those whose information is being processed.
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you contact us or enter into an agreement with us.
In this Privacy Notice we will tell you:
- Why we can process your information
- What purpose we are processing it for
- Whether you must provide it to us
- How long we store it for
- Whether there are other recipients of your personal information
- Whether we intend to transfer it to another country
- Whether we do automated decision-making or profiling.
Insulating Homes Ltd takes its responsibilities seriously and adheres to the Data Protection Principles. When processing information we will ensure that it is:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Processed only for the purpose that the information was collected for
- Limited to what is necessary
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept for no longer than is necessary
- Kept safe and secure
- Only shared with other Organisations who can demonstrate compliance with the regulations.
Our Contact Details
There are many ways you can contact us, including via our website, post, email, telephone or in person.
Name: Insulating Homes Ltd Postal Address: 71-75 Shelton St, Covent Gardens, London, WC2H 9JQ. Website: www.insulatinghomes.co.uk Email: email@example.com Telephone: 08009875356 | 02045415400
Insulating Homes Ltd are a Data Controller and registered with the ICO. Registration number
What information we collect
Referrals may be received via email from various lead generators and third- party organisations. In all these cases we collect the following initial information:
- Personal information such as your name, date of birth and contact details (address, email address, telephone number)
- Other personal identifiers such as IP Addresses you use to access our website along with your usage details.
When you enter into a contract/agreement with us we may collect further personal information from you. The type of additional information we may collect is:
- Payment card details
- Proof of identity
- Benefits received
- Proof of address
- Proof of income
If we need to collect sensitive information for example health details, we will always seek your explicit consent first.
We may use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the website, new products, services, and special offers we think you will find relevant.
If you would rather not receive this information, details of how to remove yourself from our subscription system will be contained in the emails that you receive from us.
Why we collect and process this information
In most cases, the lawful bases, or reason(s) for processing your information is in fulfilment of a contract, for example:
- When you use our website or to enquire about our services via our website or telephone
- When you enter into an agreement with us for any service provision
- To enable us to support our customer obligations and service requirements
- To notify you of any enhancements or updates to the services or systems we provided to you
- Where you gave your consent for marketing purposes. You can opt out of this at any time by either selecting the unsubscribe link shown on any marketing emails or by contacting us directly
- To manage our business
- Perform the terms of our agreement with you.
Your information will not be used for automated decision-making or profiling.
In certain circumstances we also use other lawful bases as follows:
- To fulfil our regulatory and legal requirements
- Our legitimate interests, for example: o to improve our services
- To conduct web analytics
- To administer and protect our business, website, and social media profiles
- For the prevention and detection of fraud and spam
- For the establishment, exercise, and defence of legal claims.
What about Cookies?
How we protect your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. A such, we have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to safeguard your data, including the use of user logins and passwords to our internal systems, secure cloud-based data storage, encryption, anti-virus software and network vulnerability scanning.
All information entered and stored within our internal systems are kept for the duration required for us to fulfil our contractual and legal requirements and in line with our Data Retention Policy and Schedule.
Who we share your data with
We may use third party organisations to provide elements of our services on our behalf. We have contracts in place with organisations which means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do so. They will hold it securely for the purposes of and retain it for the period we instruct. The main organisations we share your information with are:
- • IT and other software providers to enable us to collect and process data in fulfilling your query, in fulfilment of our agreement with you and for our marketing purposes (based on your consent).
- • Health and safety and quality assessors who inspect our work in compliance with OFGEM and other related regulations.
- • Payment card processors to take payment for our services.
- • Sub-contractors who may undertake the supply and installation of products and services on our behalf for example, a gas safe registered engineer.
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purpose of marketing services directly to you. Insulating Homes Ltd does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
There may be occasions, such as when information is stored in the secure systems used where your information is processed outside of the EEA. Where this is the case appropriate organisational and technical measures are adopted to ensure the protection of your information.
Should you require any further details about the circumstances in which processing of your information may be outside of the EEA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Subject Rights
Under UK legislation, you have rights as a Data Subject including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not normally required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make an access request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Tell us what you think
Insulating Homes Ltd welcomes your questions and comments about your data privacy and protection. Should you not be entirely satisfied with any aspect of how we have used your information, please contact us directly and we will endeavour to resolve your query as quickly as possible.
Should your query not be resolved to your full satisfaction you may also complain to the ICO at the following address:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF Helpline number: 0303 123 1113